




This is our precious son, Aidan James VanMaanen. He was 5 days overdue and I was getting quite tired! On Tuesday night at around 11:30pm we were going to bed, and I thought to myself that those feelings in my stomach were different! I went to walk around a little bit (Mel says that helps, but for me it didn't!) I went in the bedroom and told Steve it was time to call the Midwives and go to the hospital! He said "I was almost asleep", Well as many of you who know me that did not go over very well!! We went straight to the hospital! It was about 1:30am, and I was only 3cm dialated. The next few hours were intense, as the guy who does the epidurals did not want to come in!! It was quite frustrating! He finally came in at 4:30 am to give me the epidural, what a blessing!! By 6:30am I was 8cm dialated, by 8:30 am I was fully dialated and already pushing! We had to wait for the 2nd midwife to arrive and then at 9:15 I started pushing again, And our sweet precious gift from God, Aidan James was born at 9:46am! That was one of the best nights of our lives!!

1 comment:
They grow so quick! Cute pictures
Post a Comment