Friday, December 15, 2006
Our trip to the Hospital
Well hello everyone!! I thought I better give you all an update on my trip to the Hospital! Well on Friday November 24th I had called Stephen at work and asked him to come home early, but he was in a meeting that he could not leave. so I waited till he got home. I was in so much pain, it was worse than when I went into Labor! I stayed in bed the whole night, whatever I ate ended up coming back up. I fell asleep aroung 8pm amd then Steve asked if I would be alright if he went to hockey, I was feelig a bit better, so I said that he could go. Well I went to change Aidan's diaper and the pain hit he like a ton of bricks! I put Aidan to bed and then went to llay down again, Steve was to be home shorlty! I did fall asleep and then Steve came to bed, and I woke up from that! I tried to get back to sleep but the pain was unbearable! I went to bed tossed and turned, went to the bathroom and started to dry heave! That was all i could take I fell to the floor calling out for Steve, he rushed to the bathroom and found me lying there, the pain was so much I could barely cry. Steve called the ambulance and they were at the house at around 4am. They gave me oxygen and checked my pulse and blood pressure they were both terribly low and I was shaking like crazy! Off I went to the hospital! I don't remember too much from the time I fell to the bathroom floor, but when I got to the hospital they started an IV right away I was quite dehydrated! they monitored me till about 10am that when my pulse got a little stronger, so they transferred me to the 4th floor. there I waited for the doctors to check me out poke me a thousand times, I sure felt like a pin cushion for those first few days! Sunday they decided to do an ERCP, In short a Camera was to be put down my throat to see what the problen was! Monday they did that procedure and that when they found that me passage from my gall bladder to my stomach was to large that I would get gall stones, have the attacks but then I would pass them! By the time I would go to the doctor they would run tests but by that time I had already passed them! This has been going on for years, but until recently I was able to control them! Tuesday at 4:45 we found out that they were able to squeeze me in to do the surgery to remove my gall bladder! Steve had gone homewith Aidan, so thankfully my big Sis Katherine was there to help me make the decision! She asked more questions than I did, but in the end we agreed that it would be for the best to have it removed. I guess I was just scared, surgeries are always a big thing! Wednesday afternoon The surgery was schelduled for, I went in around 1:30pm and woke up in recovery at around 4pm. I was terrified before I went in but I was ready a Karen Kingsbury book and couldn't help but think of the song they sung at the end of the book "Great is thy Faithfulness", so right before surgery as I laid on the bed waiting in the hall (Steve was not allowed to stay past that point)I started humming that song and singing it in my head and said a prayer, the nurses probably thought I was nuts! But I didn't care, It was something that need to be done! God is Great! I made it throught the surgery with no real problems, except that they had to make an extra incision for some bleeding issue! I had a bit of pain but nothing to major! I was able to eat my first meal that Thursday morning, it had been since the Tuesday before I went in that I had eaten a full meal!! (The last meal was at Quizno's with Megan and Jen for Jen's Birthday so that would be Nov. 21st long time with out food!!) SO yes I lost a lot of weight 16lbs to be exact, not the ideal way to lose weight, but that was one good thing that came out of this!! I went home Thursday afternoon and have been recovering since then! I still have a bit of pain but it's totally bearable! I can finally got to sleep now without any pain from my gallbladder and I am finally getting my appetite back, just in time for Christmas! I couldn't have gotten through it without all my friends, especially Jen and Megan who visited me everyday at the hospital! Jen for giving Aidan some well needed baths , cleaning my house and doing our landry! and Megan for organizing the meals while being 9mths pregnant! For Katherine for being there to lean on and, who lent me a shoulder to cry on! And for all you ladies who prepared meals for us, We can't thank you all enough!! God has truly blest us with Such Wonderful, Caring and loving friends! We are all doing great now! And we would like to wish you a Blessed Christmas and New Year! With Much love Stephen, Janet, and Aidan :0)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Sorry to hear about your whole ordeal. Thank the Lord that you are doing much better. See you on Sunday! Doug, Melissa and Jesse
Glad that you are doing better Janet! Hopefully you won't have to experience any pain like that again.
yikes, Janet that is awful!! What a cute testimony you have though, and I am so glad you are feeling better. I didn't even know there was anything to pray about (i just figured you were one of those people who never update their blogs :)...i don't even know why i checked today actually :) )! Aidan is adorable - great pictures. Dominican can wait..Happy Birthday Steve! :) have a wonderful Christmas!
Wow Janet, I never I heard the whole story until now - sounds awful! I'm so glad that you won't have to go through those painful attacks anymore. How annoying that must have been to go for tests after an attack and have everything be normal again.
Your family picture looks great - can't believe you just had your surgery a few days earlier - you look great!
Are you booking another trip to the Domincan in the new year?
Happy Birthday Steve!
Oh Janet! I had no idea! I am so sorry that you had to go through that. Thankfully the Lord was with you and that you are recovering well.
Post a Comment