Friday, January 12, 2007

it's been a while!!

Well I do not have any new pictures of us, but I thought that I would say hello to all! You know it was so busy before and after Christmas that it is nice to sit back and relax a little bit!! Although things with everyone around us will be getting busy soon enough! With Mel having her baby and then Jen and then many others things will get a little more busy than usual!! I was just reading the last book of Karen Kingsbury Redemption Series, and it dawned on me that we have much to be thankful for! We all are richley blest with our children, with wonderful husbands, wonderful friends and family and a roof over our heads! There are so many out there that may not be able to have children, or have a family of God, or do not have a roof over thier heads! We have much to be thankful for!! God has been so good to all of us! I guess I have been lately thinking about our trip to Ecuador 3 years ago, as there are alot of mission trip happening everywhere, they all had so little yet because they had a great love for God, they knew that He would walk with them everyday, no matter what was to happen!I think that sometimes we take even the simple things of life, like going out for a cup of coffee, for granted! I guess what I am trying to say is that we have to be careful of falling into the trap of wanting more than wanting what our Lord has given to us, and to be thankful for what He has given us! I just wanted to share those thoughts with you all,not to pass judgement but to remind us that we have alot to be thankful for!! Our God is so good to us!!

4 comments:

Mel said...

No kidding it's been a while! Get with it girl!
Sure isn't hard to find someone worse off than we are in North America eh!
I hope my Mia didn't overstay her visit this morning. She loves hanging out with her Daddy and he said she could come with so there is no stopping those two!

Stephen, Janet, Aidan and Noah VanMaanen said...

Oh Mia is so much fun!! We had a blast!! We colored and built towers and it made me want for Aidan to be that age!! She was so much fun! I love having her over so anytime you need a break let me know and I will gladly take her and Ksena for a morning or afternoon or all day if you want! And Aidan loved her too, she kissed him a lot but I don't think he minded!! Besides its nice that Dan could help with the window and I could play with Mia! It was a good morning!!

Matt and Julianna said...

I was very aware of how much we have here after living in Mexico, it's crazy how much we have and yet sometimes I think I'd be so much happier if I just had that one more thing!! By the way, the hotel we stayed at in TO is Suites at 1 King West. It was lovely and so fun to be close to everything.

Anonymous said...

hey Janet, you need to check out our blog I e-mailed it to you, but you can search it under Jeff Bokma.
It wss fun having you guys over, i will have the pictures on my blog soon