Thursday, January 25, 2007

Does any one Know???

My little man Aidan has a little bit of Cradle Cap(I think that's what it is called, and much to Aunt Jen's concern we would like to get rid of it! I thought it would go away on its own but it hasn't yet! So if any one knows how to get rid of it please let me know! Thank you

10 comments:

MVD said...

Hey Jan,
I am in Vineland right now and I will go to the Dutch store and buy you some Switzal hair lotion before we leave. That should get rid of it!!

-Jen

Household of Faith said...

I also heard that rubbing some baby oil on the spot can help too. If you have some around the house, maybe give it a try??

Sylvia said...

I used vegetable oil on Cailyn's (baby oil didn't seem to work for her) and it worked....just do it a few days before Sunday...otherwise you have a greasy looking baby.

Stephen, Janet, Aidan and Noah VanMaanen said...

thanks Jen P, but if you don't want to you don't have too!! hope you guys are having a blast!! I may just try the oil to see if that works for the time being!! Thanks ladies I knew you could help, thankfuly we have blogs, otherwise I would actually have to call and talk toall of you!!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Hey Janet,
All 3 of my kids have had cradle cap, and I've used the same technique to get rid of it for all of them.
I massage some olive/vegetable oil into their scalp, wait for 15 minutes, then take a soft-bristle toothbrush and gently scrub it all loose. Then I give them a bath and wash it all out really well. With Leah I had to do this twice to get it all, but with the other two it was all out the first time.
Hope something works for you!

Mel said...

I mix a bit of sugar in with whatever oil or butter I use...I found olive oil didn't hang around as long as other greasy substances. Then I come their hair in the bath since it is so messy.

Mel said...

I mean 'comb' their hair. And the sugar is to make the mixture abrasive (sp?).

Taunya said...

funny Mel I have the same cure for cradle cap. lol. the toothbrush sounds better than the way I do it (with my finger nails)

Mark, Linda, Alex, Carsten & Savannah said...

Did it work? You guys all seem to have great suggestions, I must remember them if I ever have naother one.

Stephen, Janet, Aidan and Noah VanMaanen said...

ummm. . . . have yet to try it, to close to Sunday and I don't want him to have greasy looking hair for Sunday! I'll let you know when I do (whic should be Monday!!)