Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Off we GO!!




Well as many of you already know, we have purchased a new home!! It is conditional upon the sale of our current house. However we are not to concerned about our house selling as we had the agents come through the house today at 11:30am and already had one showing at 1:30pm!! Although we were going to hold off the showings until Friday we figured the sooner the better! We also have another 2 showings booked for Thursday! It is quite an exciting time for us! The new house we purchased is in Union, so yes we will be having some good campfires this summer!!! It overlooks the little river and the Union Pond! Its on .70 of an acre, needs work but not a ton just some cosmetics like new carpet paint windows and a few other things! The people who own it smoke like a chimney in it, hence the reason for them selling and the lady is dying from lung cancer! Anyways it is quite exciting, now I just always have to keep my house clean!! A small update on Aidan, he is feeling much better and is back to his normal talkative smiley self! Signing off for now!!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I pray all goes well with the selling of your house and moving:)
Danielle

Household of Faith said...

Congrats on the new house. Hopefully your house will sell and all will work out for you guys. We are looking for a house, but the right one has not come up yet. I guess we just need to be patient!

Stephen, Janet, Aidan and Noah VanMaanen said...

we have been looking for almost 2 years now! I think that our agent is happy that we have finally bought one! It's hard to be patient! But then one day God will place one right in your laps!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Sounds and looks like such a nice property. It's always good to buy a house in the nicest area you can afford - you can always change the house, but never the location or the neighbour's houses! Now you'll understand what we went through the past couple years - fixing up one house, selling it, moving, fixing up the next house, etc. It's definitely a TONNE of work! After doing it twice, I have no desire to ever do it again. Your current house will probably sell quickly - you guys have done a great job with the presentation, and that's what people see on their first walk-through. If you need a place to hang out while your house is being shown, feel free to come over here... I'm home most of the time.

MVD said...

very excited for you.... sad for me!:-( I was really looking forward to walking to eachothers houses this summer:-( Well.... I guess we will have to drive.
I better get a chance to get in 5your hot tub before you move! I've been eyeing it since you got it, and am finally not pregnant! j/k
If you need a place to hang of course you know your welcome here also! Or if you just want to have coffee give me a call!

Mel said...

Nice pictures. Can't wait for the campfires-I was dreading Steve demanding that we have people over every Sunday night when our upstairs is finished. Now it will be Dan harassing you guys! Don't worry, we'll bring hot dogs. ;o) Kidding.

Anonymous said...

Hey sis!!! I am SOOOOOO excited for you guys, and I am so glad to see pictures of the house, so i know what to picture when you are talking about it!! So fun, keep me posted on if you get some good offers for your house!
I am totally up for a trip to Ikea.. this week is toally booked.. next week is too.. shall we go for the 27th? love ya

Stephen, Janet, Aidan and Noah VanMaanen said...

I shall call you and we can set up a time I am booked too, with agents coming to see the house and all the fun stuff that goes with selling a house!! Talk to you later!!

valerie grace said...

congrats Jan! How exciting! I bet it feels good to finally have 'your house'! I am glad for your sake that there isn't too much work to be done. And, I can sympathize with the selling of the house situation. I have to say after a few weeks of staging a house for a showing 2 or 3 times a week it gets very tiring. Hopefully it will sell soon!

Anonymous said...

It looks like this home is larger than what you're in now. How many bedrooms in this one? It also seems to be in a quieter area (less urbanized). Maybe we all can join you at your new house in the summer.....hot dogs and hamburgers sound really great!!
This is a great way to find out what my youngest sis and hubby and little one are doing. I love it Jan. Mom says that I haven't seen Aidan and that he's growing, but I tell her I see her on your blog and see that he is growing up to be a pretty handsome li'l guy.
Good luck with the sale of your home and hope all works out for you guys. ttyl Mel

Stephen, Janet, Aidan and Noah VanMaanen said...

this house has 3 bedrooms and one bath but we hope to build an addition ontop of the garage that will have a master bedroom with ensuite bath!! We might also put a toilet and sink in the laundry room or build one in the basement as there is tons of room in this house! It's nice and in a quite area! I am going to enjoy a morning coffee on the deck looking onto the pond!! Yes Mel you guys will have to come over sometime for a barbeque or weiner roast!! And I heard Jeff was back into framing so maybe we will get him to frame the addition!! Glad that this helps keep everyone update as phone calls could get quite expensive!!! ttyl

Anonymous said...

wow, this house seems to have prospect. Renovations and additions can be challenging and lots of hard work, but when its finished you can sit back, relax and enjoy.
Jeff has a shop manager position. So most of the time he is in the shop cleaning and fixing tools. Sometimes he is on the road to Toronto's jobsite delivering or picking up tools. The odd time he is on the job-site doing some minor framing. A bit o' this and a bit o' that. He has put in long days and many hours during the week, and so far he has had Saturdays off. But that could change in time.
Mel