Tuesday, May 22, 2007

And so it begins!!!!!






Well we got the house on Friday and we have been working quite hard!! We are fortunate to have some helping hands! Steves mom and I had 'fun' cleaning the whole main floor, alot of sore necks and arms, and alot of TSP!!! Mike came down on Monday so Steve and him took down all the barn board in the basment, except the ones near the ceiling as they are holding it up! Aaron, Matty D, and Steve spent the first night 'demoing' all the carpet, trim, and some doors came off!! I got to clean the bathroom and that was not a fun task, I absolutely refused to clean the toilet seat, so the best $15 was spent on a new seat on Saturday morning!!! Ruth and Jason came today and helped up start to prime the bedrooms and a few other little things, like the guys walking around 'planning things', or was it just to get out of painting the ceiling?!? hehehe Anyways all in all it was an eventful weekend! At first it was a little disappointing but now it is getting quite exciting!! Next are the floor and the first coat of paint!! Ahhh color will be nice!!! Signing off. . . and going to bed!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty in pink. Lovely for Steve and Aidan. I know you will change those colors in the master bedroom. Hehe. Men are not crazy about the color pink .... in their bedroom. But it sure does look like a nice house on the inside. More room. Once all the work is done, you will be glad to actually enjoy it.
Keep on plugging away and the results will be exciting.
We are busy with soccer now. The season has already started and every night of the week we have be somewhere for a game or practices. Busy all the time. Well got to go now. Talk to you again soon.
Mel DH

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of work - I don't envy you at all! From the drawings you showed me, it's going to look beautiful when it's all done. Wish I could come out to help you, but then I'd have to get a babysitter too... so I can help out by taking care of Aidan for you. Are you guys there most nights? I'd love to come out and see it sometime before you get too much done - it's always nice to see the before so you can appreciate the after...

Stephen, Janet, Aidan and Noah VanMaanen said...

Jannyne we are there most nights tonight we will be there between 6-9ish so you can stop by in between those times if you want! I don't envy me either!!! It is alot of work!! oh well it will be worth it in the end!!!ttyl

Anonymous said...

Jan,
I love all the pink:P I think you should keep it:) Anywho, it looks like a really nice place! Can't wait to see it. If you ever need me to watch Aidan, let me know.
Danielle

Household of Faith said...

Looks like you guys have lots of work. All the best with everything and hope your move goes well.

Laura said...

Wow! It is nice and roomy (At least from the pictures anyway). I am sure it will look wonderful when it is done! Like others have said though, I don't envy you at all! I hope that things go quickly and smoothly!

Taunya said...

we'll pop by some night too, to take a peek, and maybe lend a hand with something? our kids might get in the way, but we could let them run around outside??

Anonymous said...

Wow! Looks like lots of work!
Thanks for the before pictures, can't wait to see the after ones=0)